With a Visa® credit card, you can spend with boosted convenience — and earn rewards as you shop online and offline.
- Competitive Rates
- Anytime Funds
- Rewards Cards
- Competitive rates and boosted purchasing power online and offline
- Shop everywhere Visa® is accepted
- No annual fees
- Savings Secured card available to help you build up credit
- Earn and redeem reward points with ScoreCard Rewards
- Includes benefits like Roadside Dispatch® and zero liability1
- Enroll in purchase alerts to better monitor your money
- Handle and make payments 24/7 with eZCardInfo
- EMV chip included for greater security
- Quickly replace your card if lost or stolen
Card Member Services
Got a question or comment about your card? Feel free to contact Card Member Services at 800 299 9842 or 912 368 2477ext. 8705
Credit Insurance1 May Make Your Loan Payments When You Can’t
Life can be wonderful. But it can also get complicated when unexpected things happen. Protecting your loan payments against the unexpected such as a disability or covered life event including dismemberment could help you protect more than your finances. It could help lighten the burden for the people you care about. Insure your loan payments today so you can worry a little less about tomorrow.
There’s no way to predict an injury, illness or other unexpected life event. You can take steps to protect your family if the unforeseen happens. Credit disability and credit life insurance may help reduce or pay off your covered loan or make your monthly loan payment, up to the policy maximum, in the event of a covered life event, injury, illness or death.
You decide which payments you want to protect and the monthly premium may be added to your loan. Coverage is designed to fit your lifestyle, it is totally voluntary, and it won’t affect your loan approval. It’s simple to apply for individual or joint coverage. You can sign up for credit insurance at your loan closing, or anytime you’d like. Call GeoVista Credit Union at 912 368 2477 to find out more.
1CUNA Mutual Group is the marketing name for CUNA Mutual Holding Company, a mutual insurance holding company, its subsidiaries and affiliates. Your purchase of MEMBER’S CHOICE® Credit Life and Credit Disability Insurance, underwritten by CMFG Life Insurance Company (Home Office: Waverly, IA), is optional and will not affect your application for credit or the terms of any credit agreement required to obtain a loan. Certain eligibility requirements, conditions, and exclusions may apply. Please contact your loan representative or refer to the Group Policy for a full explanation of the terms. Base Policy Nos. CI-MP-POL, CI-SP-POL, B3a-830-0996, B3a-800-0695, B3a-800-0288, CI-MP-CE-POL; CI-MP-OE-CC-POL; CI-MP-OE-POL; B3a-800-0992.
Credit Cards Are a Good Credit-Building Tool, but There Are Important Factors to Consider
- Like any loan, it is important to pay your bill on time. Your on-time payment history is one of the most important factors used to calculate your credit score.
- Qualifiers are credit history and the ability to repay
- Track your spending
- Credit cards can cause impulse buying
Some Tips That Could Help Your Credit Health
- Try to keep the usage ratio between your balances and credit limits below 30%.
- For example, if your limit is $3,000 the balance should not exceed $1,000
- There are ways to lower your credit card usage ratio:
- You can make more than the minimum payment
- If you can afford it, pay the entire balance every month
- Pay high-interest cards first
- Request a credit limit increase to better your ratio, but don’t be tempted to spend the additional funds
- Credit card interest rates are important if you carry a balance
- Rates are often based on credit scores and payment history
- You can move your balances to a card with a lower interest rate
- Do not close a card when it is paid off, as this could have a negative impact on your score. Just discontinue using it
Credit Card Offers
- Check and compare rates and fees that are associated with the card
- Credit card issuers may offer attractive rewards
- Utilize purchase alerts
- Report lost or stolen cards immediately
- If your current credit history does not qualify you for a credit card, look for a secured credit card. This type of credit card is secured with your own savings.
- Transfer balances from other creditors to your GeoVista CU credit card
- Interest rate of 2.50% APR2 for 12 billing cycles on new balance transfers3
- Saves you money
- No balance transfer fees
- Consolidate your debt and lower your payments
1With Visa’s Zero Liability Policy, you won’t be held responsible for unauthorized transactions made with your Visa card. You’re covered if your card is ever lost, stolen, or fraudulently used. Visa’s Zero Liability does not apply to transactions not processed by Visa. Cardholders must use care in protecting their card and notify us immediately of any unauthorized use.
2APR = Annual Percentage Rate
3Limited time offer - Subject to change