Now you have a say when you want to skip-a-pay. Our Skip-a-Pay service allows you the flexibility to react to situations where you could use a bit more cash for emergencies, vacations, back-to-school costs, paying off holiday debt, or other times when you have higher-than-normal expenses.
- Loan must be open at least 60 days to qualify for Skip-a-Pay.
- All request forms must be received at least ten (10) business days before payment is due, but not more than thirty (30) business days prior to the due date.
- Loan must be current.
- Available for use twice per year Summer and Winter.
- GeoVista FCU reserves the right to refuse any skip payment request
- Credit Life, Disability, and/or GAP coverage extended beyond the original maturity date will be affected.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is there a fee?
Yes, there is a $25 fee per skip (per loan) which can be deducted from your Savings or Checking Account, or submit a check with your Skip-a-Pay form.
What if I do not have the $25 available when I submit my request?
The Skip a Pay will not be processed. The processing fee must be paid before your request can be considered for approval.
How do I know if I am eligible?
Loan must be open at least 60 days and current.
What loans are Ineligible for Skip-a-Pay:
- Mortgage products
- Share/Certificate Secured
- Credit Card
- PAL (Payment Alternate Loans)
- Loans Open less than 60 days
- Loan Balances under $500
- Other conditions and restrictions may apply
How often can I skip?
GeoVista Credit Union’s Skip-a-Pay service allows you to skip-a-payment on eligible loans a maximum of two times per calendar year.
How does skipping my payment affect my loan?
The skipped month will be added to the end of your loan. Interest will continue to accrue during skipped months. Payment protection for Disability or Life insurance and GAP covers only the original term of your loan. Skipping your payment will impact the total insurance coverage. .
Will my loan rate or credit score be affected?
No. Your rate will be the same and your our credit will not be affected.
What if my payment is made automatically?
We will take care of the details. You will not need to do anything.
Loan payments by Bill Payer or any other automatic service may post to your loan. Please contact us if you want the payment credited to your GeoVista account.
What if I have additional questions?
Simply email [email protected] or call 912-368-2477 and speak with a representative.
How do I proceed with a Skip-a-Pay request?
Remember, before you proceed, you will need to have the following ready for the Request Form: